Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

Tee-Hee

HP just called.

"Hi Susan…" 

"My name's Suzanne, actually," I said. 

"I'm sorry about that. Your computer is here and we're going to get to it in a couple of days. Your note was kind of vague…can you give us any additional information?"

I'm not sure what's "vague" about "Computer will not boot up." It doesn't leave a whole lot of room for error, you know?

"It doesn't recognize the monitor," I said. "And when I plug in the speakers, I don't hear it booting to Windows. It just doesn't do anything." 

He promised to get it back to me as soon as possible.

I thanked him. I did not tell him about the Mac.

Speaking of the Mac, I slipped it into its protective case today. Looks quite snazzy. I started working at just before nine - and yes, my music transferred, huzzah! - with the machine unplugged so I could work in the kitchen and the couch. I've been back and forth all day and it's STILL GOING at 4 PM, with 1.25 hours left. That is some impressive juice, folks. Even the extended life battery would've croaked by now.

It's 4:30 now. Still going!

I've cleaned up my desk quite a bit and ended up stashing a lot of stuff in the garage. The home office looks…better…now to tackle my bedroom and the kitchen and it'll look like a proper apartment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment