Pages

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Yay Fourth

I have never been overly keen on the Fourth of July.

It's nothing against America or its founders. I just have to side-eye any holiday that encourages setting off explosives while getting totally sauced. On one hand, I kind of dig that Americans celebrate their independence by getting drunk and blowing stuff up. On the other hand…well, just look at the above sentence.

Had a two-hour work meeting about video and marketing at 8 AM, and then staggered off to Starbucks for some much-needed ammunition. Lately I've just been getting iced tea from them, but today I broke my coffee fast and ordered a tall dark roast to go with my croissant. Apparently it's Free Tall Coffee day! It figures - the one time I order real coffee from them and they don't charge. Not that I'm complaining.

I haven't had any real coffee since I quit cold turkey back in…was it March? Maybe even February. Hence the fact that I'm pretty much vibrating in place as I try to work.

The city has closed down several streets for various block parties. I'm probably not going to visit any; just not in the mood for a ton of socialization, I guess. My day's not over yet; I do have to edit a few more photos before I call it a day. But this has been a nice break, just me, my computer, and my couch.

And the bird staring at me. He's good at that. He really likes my nice, shiny Mac and would love to chew on it if I'd let him. 

Anyway. Happy Fourth, folks. Or Happy Bridge Day, if you're in Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment